Monday, August 4, 2008

A Dynamic Week

Oooooo, I have a crazy week this week. You probably do too. I think that's just the way life is now. Right now I'm getting ready to go to Grace Baptist Church in Tullahoma for a one night revival. I'm also making some arrangements and double checking on several things for the Chorale to sing this Friday night at the Schermerhorn Symphony Hall in Nashville. LifeWay is having a HUGE celebration with many famous people (even more famous than me - ha ha ha) as they introduce and celebrate their new Baptist Hymnal. I'm also "staging" my house so that while I am on mission to Rio my realtor can show it and get a bidding war going between a few families so I can sell it for even more - (dream on.....)

But the dynamics I want to talk about are the choir's! Wow! We have had several weeks lately where your dynamics have been incredible. The softs have been very nice and the louds and been good and powerful and not over-sung.

There's an old musician's joke - (the joke is old, not the musician writing out the joke). The directors says, "let's really emphasize the dynamics here" (or something like that) and then some guy yells from the back, "Dynamics? We're playing as loud as we can!"


So, thank you for your sensitivity and for watching and for singing beautiful dynamics.

See you Wednesday.

I still have Fine Arts Camp pictures to post. Perhaps tomorrow...

No comments: