Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wind and Fire update



My original thoughts in naming this group had to do with the fact that most of the players play "wind" instruments and "wind and fire" represent the work of the Holy Spirit. It seemed like a cool, youthful name. and I suppose it is. However, I hear "Earth, Wind and Fire" a lot from people referring to this ensemble, so maybe it's too close to that.




What I want to tell you today is how GREAT they sounded last night. It was a lot of fun playing together. We had 2 flutes, 3 clarinets, 1 alto sax, 1 tenor sax, 2 trombones and a percussionist with yours truly playing the keyboard. I'm not very good at that while directing, so if any of you piano players out there want to join us, please let me know. There's room for more, so encourage your band students to join us. Oh, and not everyone is a student. We have a couple of adults playing with us too. We'll be playing the offertory in just a couple of weeks!

No comments: