Monday, September 5, 2011

Porto - the first few days

My plan was to get on line each day and give you a quick update, but my computer and the free wifi in the lobby donºt like each other - at least I can´t get them to play nicely together, so, here it is almost 11:00pm on Monday and I´m using the computer from the hotel.

The first two days have been wonderful!! I had the priviledge of preaching at two churches yesterday. Itºs harder then you would think. As you preach you can only say a phrase or maybe a short sentence at a time and then you have to wait for the translator to tell everyone what you just said. It´s very easy to lose your train of thought. but the congregations were very kind and appreciative.

Today we had English classes at one of the churches. It was a lot of fun. We had 31 people there. We divided up into older and younger children/youth and there were also several adults mixed in. Some of the people were from the church, but almost half were from the communtiy. The Milams are VERY excited about the turnout and said we have already opened several doors for future ministry opportunities.

We had a lot of fun talking about weather, singing songs (Like the Hokey-Pokey - a great way to learn body parts) we cooked... and more. (and we´re all learning a little Portuguese!) We go back there Wednesday. Tomorrow and Thursday we will go to a different church.

Its late. We´re tired. I think I´ll head to bed.

I cant put picture´s up since I am on the hotel computer, but you might check some of the other team members to see if they have any on facebook.

No comments: