Thursday, July 28, 2011

What's So Amazing About Grace?

A book I read years ago came to mind today as I was preparing to write about Sunday's music - "What's So Amazing About Grace?" by Phillip Yancey.
I remember that it is a wonderful book that I really enjoyed reading and it made a big impact on how I view the world and grace and how we as a church need to be offering grace.

Here's a quote from the book:
"'The world can do almost anything as well as or better than the church,' says Gordon MacDonald. 'You need not be a Christian to build houses, feed the hungry, or heal the sick. There is only one thing the world cannot do. It cannot offer grace.'"

Looking at the paper sleeve on my book I must have paid $19.99 for this book back in 1997. You can get it for $3 on Amazon now. You should. It really is a very good book.

We're singing some songs about grace this Sunday morning. I hope you'll join in and sing from a heart bought by grace and filled with grace.

Music for Sunday, July 31, 2011


Your Grace Is Enough
Hosanna
Choir anthem – How Great Is the Love

Fellowship song – Have Faith in God
His Eye Is on the Sparrow
Amazing Grace, (My Chains Are Gone)

Special music – Diane C and Dan D

No comments: