Saturday, June 6, 2009

Singing with Understanding - Sunday, June 7


I think we worship better and sing better when there is understanding of why we are singing what we are singing.


It reminds me of when the Apostle Paul wrote this to the Corinthians.
"What then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with my understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with my understanding. "1 Corinthians 14 :15 (HCSB)



Here is what we will be singing Sunday morning.


Holy, Holy, Holy – CH 3 (D) V1, V3
Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord – PW2 # 57 (D) C,V,C,V
Holy, Holy, Holy – V4
Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord – C, E


I love putting these two songs together. The third verse of "Holy, Holy, Holy" says, "Though the eyes of sinful man Thy glory may not see." Which to me is the perfect lead in for us to sing "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord." Then, as a response to that request - and as we join all of creation in singing "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea."

Prayer – Bro. Lyndel Littleton

Choir Anthem – Prepare Ye the Way

Welcome – Dr. Larry D. Robertson
Welcome song – Friend of God

Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

No comments: