Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Sing, You Sing, We All Sing for Ice Cream - and Choir

Our Summer choir contest has begun!

Each Wednesday night during the Summer we'll have prizes and fun and more for everyone!
I'll have some of my great prizes.
I'll have a few Ice Cream prizes (like last week's $5 gift cards from TCBY!)
And each week Cheryl is giving away a prize because she says my prizes (except for the ice cream ones) are lame! So she is pretending she is a famous talk show host and giving away her favorite things. Last week it was a beautiful coffee mug from Allewine Pottery in Gatlinburg!

In addition to all the fun prizes, there is a contest between the sections.
Each team gets 10 points for each member present on Sunday morning (you get to count points for singing in both services) and 10 points for being in rehearsal on Wednesday night.
You get 50 bonus points for bringing someone new to choir.

Here is the score so far. It's early in the contest, so it is still any one's game.

Sopranos - 290
Altos - 310
Men - 240

Besides all of that
yes, there's more!!
We have a wonderful time singing and we are learning some great new music and choir is the perfect pick-me-up for the middle of your week.

I'll be looking for you all tonight!

No comments: