Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Choir Testimony

I received an e-mail today from a choir member with a story that I hope will encourage all of the singers out there in blog land. Even if this exact thing hasn't happened to you, it could/should.

I have to tell you a story.  I was in church last Sunday, came in about 5 minutes late and didn’t get to sing with the choir.  I had been out again due bronchitis and was feeling better.  I have been down some, wondering if my voice even made a difference or if I was now too old and my voice was no longer pretty.  I sat behind an elderly gentleman and his wife. I was singing away (loud and clear).  After the service, the man turned to me and said “miss, you have the most beautiful voice, I kept listening to you sing, you should be up there on that stage.”  I thanked him and thanked him and said “I am in the choir, I have been sick and trying to get over bronchitis; however, you just made my day because I was wondering if my singing was any good anymore”.  Sometimes if we are sitting next to someone who can really sing, we need to invite them to choir.  Telling them they can really sing might make a difference.  Actually that is one of the reasons, other than serving God, why I joined the choir.  Someone in the choir told me that in the year 1978.  Feeling better now about my singing and hope to be there if it doesn’t snow.  I love choir. 

Now a word to all of our choir.
Your singing really does make a difference. We are our best when ALL of us are singing together. And I know there are others in our congregation who should be singing with us so that they can bless us and we can bless them as we sing and worship together. Maybe you should invite them to join us.

I hope we get to have choir rehearsal tomorrow night! I'm praying that the snow will go up North somewhere where they are used to it. haha.

No comments: