Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year - What Should We Sing?

I used to do my own little joke for myself on the first Sunday of the year. (and I know this Sunday isn't the first Sunday of the year, but I was out of town last Sunday, so let me pretend it's the first Sunday of 2011) Anyway, I would sing "I Am Resolved" because I thought it was a funny joke to sing about being resolved on the week most people were making New Year's Resolutions.

Well, I gave that up several years ago. Seemed a little corny. But I do think it is good at the start of a year to reflect on how God has brought us through the year before and to sing with great assurance knowing it is by Him and through Him that we will make it through the coming year.

Actually, I hope to do more than just "make it through" the coming year. I want to do great things for His Kingdom. I don't want to just coast along with the same old things. I want to look back at the end of 2011 and say, "Wow! Look at the great things God has done in me and through me and with me! To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus!"

Here are the songs we'll be singing Sunday. I hope you'll be able to sing them as a testimony of God's work in your life.

O God Our Help in Ages Past

Choir - Your Name

Friend of God
His Eye Is on the Sparrow
Made Me Glad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this song!!!!