Friday, December 10, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

A few things I learned at our Dress Rehearsal.

1. There's Thursday night football all of the sudden - although a friend of mine explained that after Thanksgiving the NFL has Thursday night games. Go figure. Anyway, between Titan's traffic and a bad wreck some of my orchestra members didn't get here until rehearsal was half over.

2. Teenage drama is always a possibility (this is why I don't watch Glee - too much teenage angst)

3. Calli Smith takes great photos. (I actually already knew this, but I'll post some here for you to see.)

4. We have some great sound and tech guys. Thanks to Perry for lining up Scott Tadsen for house sound, Ray Torrence for TV sound, Kevin Barron for tree lights and Mike Daniels for house and stage lights!

5. We have some great actors this year: Jesse Kriwox, Paula Williams, Joe DiFiore, Sidney Scott and Brookelyn Ambrose

6. School Christmas concerts always conflict with at least one performance or rehearsal. Glad it was a rehearsal this year.

7. We have some amazing musicians as part of our congregation: Michelle Dickerson, Mary Beth Mathews, Gena Tate (although she is singing not playing this time), Jayson Rivas, Tommy Hall, Brenden Ambrose... ooo, I shouldn't have started this list. I'll accidentally leave someone out.

8. Last, but certainly not least, we have an absolutely wonderful choir full of great singers, amazing soloists, extremely helpful, fun, supportive... now I've lost my good sentence structure... well, anyway, I'm so thankful for all of them.

9, Oh! and WOW!!! I love eating at Olive Garden and Carrabbas and Amerigo and Demos' and Macaroni Grill, but Kristi Huang makes the best lasagna I've EVER eaten! Molto squisito!

1 comment:

Brenda Jerles said...

And we are thankful for our great fearless leader!