Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Carol Theology

I love Christmas carols.

They have beautiful, singable melodies. They usually have found memories associated with them, people love to sing them...

But just as important, they have great texts (well, most of them) with fantastic theological truths and statements.

Here's one example (and we're singing it this Sunday morning)

"Hail the heav'nborn Prince of Peace
Hail the Sun of righteousness.
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings.
Mild, He lays His glories by.
Born that man no more may die.
Born to raise the sons of earth.
Born to give them second birth.

Wow! Great, wonderful truths taken straight out of scripture. (and if it wasn't 2 AM and I wasn't typing this from my phone I'd add scripture references for you to look at)

We'll begin worship this Sunday with this carol.

We'll also sing at least a verse of each of these wonderful carols:
Joy to the World ( with Sing for Joy )
What Child Is This?
Away in a Manger
and
Silent Night

How could you miss out?
I'll look for you Sunday morning.

(Now maybe I can sleep!)

No comments: