Monday, February 8, 2010

When the Saints Go Marching In

I'll have to admit that it was fun watching the Saints go marching (and passing) down the field. I don't really watch football much, but I was glad to see New Orleans have some good news. 
"When the Saints Go Marching In" was written and has been sung for decades as a celebration song for that day when God's Saints enter the promised land of heaven. The verses even point to the themes of revelation, with "when the sun refuse to shine" referencing the solar and lunar eclipses and other verses talking about "crowning Him Lord" and "gathering around the throne"... what? you don't know those verses?

OH, WHEN THE SAINTS, GO MARCHING IN,
OH, WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN,
OH, LORD, I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER,
WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN.

OH, WHEN THE SUN, REFUSE TO SHINE,

OH, WHEN THE SUN REFUSE TO SHINE,
OH, LORD, I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER,
WHEN THE SUN REFUSE TO SHINE.

OH, WHEN THEY CROWN, HIM LORD OF ALL,
OH, WHEN THEY CROWN HIM LORD OF ALL,
OH, LORD, I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER,
WHEN THEY CROWN HIM LORD OF ALL.

OH, WHEN THEY GATHER AROUND THE THRONE,
OH, WHEN THEY GATHER AROUND THE THRONE,
OH, LORD I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER,
WHEN THEY GATHER AROUND THE THRONE.


I've blogged before about how YOU can be a saint Is Today Your Day?  You really should read it and see how everyone of us can be a Saint. (You don't have to be another Mother Teresa.)

If you would like to know more about being a follower of Jesus Christ click here. Tell Me About Jesus

I'm going to cheer along with the football saints for a day or two, but in the end, I'm cheering for all of you out there in blog land to check your "saint" status and see if you will be in that number when the Saints go marching in.

No comments: