Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Family Art Project sign up continues...

This is a repost of an earlier post.
I need to know VERY soon if your family is going to join us. I need to order canvas and paint and stuff. (Stuff is the fancy art term for "other art supplies." See - you learn something new every day.

Notice the date is March 21 for The Family Art Project.

So here's the original post.
You know I can't help myself. I'm always looking for something new and creative and either musical or artsy to do. So I've come up with something that I know will be a lot of fun.

I'm calling it "The Family Art Project."

Now before you start thinking how cute it would be for the families with 6 year olds in them to paint something together, this project is perfect for families with youth, empty-nesters, and Sr. Adult couples as well as families with elementary aged children - basically any family.

Click on the picture for a larger version of this poster. (Makes it easier to read!)

We'll begin with some fun activities that will show each family a little bit about their family personality. Then we'll talk just a little about color and form and some of those kinds of artistic things. Then we'll break out the paints and brushes!

I'll have some step-by-step instructions that will guide each family in making a beautiful piece of art that will be a cooperative effort by everyone. Each family will be proud to hang this one-of-a-kind painting over their sofa or in the family room or - well, just about any place where there is room for a 30 x 40 painting.

I do have to charge for this - to buy canvases and paint. The cost will be only $40 - cheaper than a night at the movies and a whole lot more fun and you'll end up with something that will last forever. It's also my hope that you'll learn a little bit about each member of your family and make some great memories.

Call the church office if you need more information.

No comments: