Saturday, December 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

If you saw my Facebook "Lyndel is..." things today you know what a crazy day it was. If you missed it, here's what it said.

"Lyndel is putting people in the tree at 9, bidding in an on-line auction at 11, painting at 12 (which actually lasted the rest of the afternoon), showing the house at 2, (I didn't have to be here, just had to have the house ready to show) and going to a S.s. party at 5."

So, we just got home a little bit ago. I know some of you check on Friday or Saturday to see what the music is for Sunday. I don't even know that I remember. A lot has happened since I planned the service last Tuesday.

I do know that we are singing Christmas songs! Yeah! We're also singing Everlasting God, and a song I wrote years ago called Prince of Peace. Between those two songs we have all of Isaiah 9:6 covered.

Isaiah 9:6 NIV
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The auction brought back some wonderful memories. Central Baptist Church in Martin, TN was my church for 11 great years. Every December we had three beautiful Christmas worship services. They have built a new building and were auctioning off everything from the old building before it is torn down. Look at these gorgeous windows made in the 1920s.





I made a replica of these. It is the same size as these only without as many vertical panels. It is hanging between my big wonderful sun/living room and my lovely dining room. (buy my house http://www.bearhollowhome.blogspot.com/ ) (That was a subliminal message.)

I have a really funny story about this window that I'll have to post another time. I'm headed to bed. I hope to see you all in worship tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brenda J said...

I have one word for you. Esnipe!

R Lyndel Littleton said...

I don't think I know what Esnipe is!