Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year



Here's wishing everyone a very happy New Year! One of the really nice things about modern day life is that you can celebrate the New Year in several time zones via the wonders of live television. I happen to really enjoy the Eastern time zone on New Year's Eve, so I have already hollered "Happy New Year" and kissed my lovely wife, my son and daughter and son-in-law and daughter-in-law and all five grandbabies and now I can go to bed knowing I have celebrated the arrival of 2008.


Perhaps tomorrow I'll share some New Year resolutions... basically for two reasons. 1. I'm way past ready for bed and 2. I haven't spent too much time thinking about it. With four extra adults and 5 little people under the age of 5 in the house (3 of them under the age of 2!) there haven't been very many quiet moments in the last two days that would lend themselves to being contemplative.


I would like to share with you some verses from my favorite Psalm. I think they are perfect for putting myself in the right focus for the new year.


Psalm 145 (NASB)
Psalm 145 written in the circles (in Hebrew) Hallelujah is written five times around the outside circle.
1 I will extol You, my God, O King, And I will bless Your name forever and ever. 2 Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. 3 Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable. 4 One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts. 5 On the glorious splendor of Your majesty And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate. 6 Men shall speak of the power of Your awesome acts, And I will tell of Your greatness. 7 They shall eagerly utter the memory of Your abundant goodness And will shout joyfully of Your righteousness. 8 The LORD is gracious and merciful; Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness. 9 The LORD is good to all, And His mercies are over all His works. (Read the rest of this great Psalm here Psalm 145 )

No comments: