Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clarksville Traffic


I decided to drive up to Clarksville this morning via Hwy 41A (AKA "Clarksville Pike" if you live in Whites Creek or "Madison" if you live in Clarksville). I figured I-24 is crazy enough in dry traffic much less during a good rain. I was headed to the YMCA for a little exercise to start the day and ended up arriving at the intersection by Wal-Mart (I guess that's Madison and the I-24 connector don't know it's official name) just a little after 7:00. When the light changed I started across the intersection and much to my surprise - and horror - I was stuck out in the middle of the intersection! I hate it when cars block an intersection and there I was - me and my little blue PT Cruiser sitting there where we would block traffic if the light changed. Thankfully I was able to change lanes before the light changed. I slowly drove down Madison expecting to come up on a giant wreck with car pieces strewn (strown? strung?) scattered everywhere. But no! The traffic was backed up in the right lane all the way from - what's the name of that road? It has at least three names. richviewfield or something like that. Anyway, it was just school traffic! Wow!

So is there a point to this story? Hmmm, well, I guess the point might be that I should go ahead and take the interstate to Clarksville in the mornings, but I think I'd like to point out that our church is in a prime location near several schools and businesses and thousands - perhaps millions of people drive by it every day.

"They should join us on Sundays", you might say. However, most studies show that most people who attend a church for the first time come there because a friend invited them. Another reason they might come is for a special program like "The Tree". We have a great opportunity coming up in December. Join us Wednesday night for rehearsal as we get ready for a tremendous outreach event.

Hmm, this was a lot longer than I planned. If you're still with me, thanks for reading. See you soon!

No comments: