Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independance Day!

Some day I'm going to go to Boston and see the Boston Pops and see their fireworks display. (I've been saying that since 1988). We have been to Nashville's concert and show. It's great. The last time we went there to hear the orchestra play along the Cumberland riverbanks there was hardly anywhere to sit and the lady next to us was listening to Country music playing loudly on her radio. It kind of clashed with the symphony!

As I am thanking God for the priviledge of living in such a wonderful country, I can't help but also think about our brothers and sisters in Christ who do not have the freedoms we have. Did you know more Christians have died because of their faith in the last century than died in the previous 18 centuries put together? You may have noticed a couple of links here regarding the persecuted church. Check them out. They will give you things to pray about and give you more information.

Have a wonderful day. Be safe with the fireworks. I'll be looking for you Sunday morning as we worship freely together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you Mr. Lyndel!!!!!!!! :( I pray for you everyday!