Thursday, July 21, 2016

Music for Sunday, July 24 - Here Am I, send Me

THE go to passage for how to order a worship service is often Isaiah 6. In case it has been a while since you have read that passage, here it is for you.

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 
2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 
3 And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” 
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. 
5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.” 
6Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 
7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” 

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 

The basic outline many people take from that passage is this:
1. We see God in His greatness, glory, holiness
2. We see our sin (and ourselves as sinners) in the light of His glory
3. We are cleansed from our sin - not by anything we do, but by His work
4. God calls us to go
5. We answer with "Here am I. Send me.

Now.... just so I don't have to do all of the work for you, here is our song list for Sunday morning at Hilldale Baptist Church, Clarksville, TN at the 8:30 and 9:45 services. We won't exactly follow this order, but we cover all of the parts. But that's because the choir has to sing early on in the service. (That is because many in the choir sing both services. After they leave the choir loft some go teach Life Groups while others join the congregation and sing and worship there. Then during the 9:45 service after the choir sings those who taught stay for the service and those who stayed at the last service head out to Life Groups.)
Anyway... here are the songs we are singing Sunday.

How Great Thou Art with How Great Is Our God

Choir anthem - 
Here Am I, Send Me 
I'm going to have the words up so everyone can sing with us. You all have heard it enough that you can sing along. I want everyone to be able to respond with "Here am I. Send me." not just the choir. 

Love Lifted Me
Your Grace Is Enough
Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone

Then our Senior Pastor, Dr. Larry D. Robertson, will continue his sermon series on EMS - Evangelism Made Simple. I think a worship service modeled to some degree after Isaiah 6 fits in well with evangelism. Did you connect the songs with the outline in Isaiah? 

The invitation song will be "Take My Life, Lead Me Lord." The words to that are
Take my life, lead, me Lord.
Take my life, lead, me Lord.
Make my life useful to Thee.

It is my prayer that all of us will have that response after hearing God's word this Sunday.

I hope to see you all there. I'll be glad when you all stop traveling for the summer and we're all here together for worship.

No comments: