Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art for MIssions - Jan. 20

"Art for Missions" is something we started a few years ago here at Hilldale. We have had several different art projects that many have taken advantage of and they've ended up creating some beautiful works of art.

In the past we have mainly had youth and adults in our classes, but I've had a mom and a grandmother both ask about their girls painting and I said, "Sure! Why not?" So... if your younger person can focus for an hour on something and likes to paint, sign him up! (Call the FLC)

I've had the fun of leading several of these.

We've painted hydrangeas in a vase,


fall leaves


and other things.

THIS coming Sunday, January 20, at 3:00 at the Family Life Center I'll show attendees how to paint a beautiful winter sky and tree. This is the demonstration painting, but I'm going to show you how you can have a sky of many colors using whatever colors you like. I'll also have photos that will give you several different options for how you paint your tree(s).

Call the FLC and reserve your spot by this Friday (so I'll have enough paint and canvas.)
Invite a friend and plan on a fun afternoon painting!

The cost is only $35 (with proceeds going toward our HS Handbell choir's mission trip to Portugal in June.) The canvas is 16x20. The paint is acrylic.

No comments: