Monday, September 13, 2010

Memory Monday - September 13

It's Memory Monday time again. How are you doing with memorizing new verses each week? I would like to say that I know many more verses now than I did at the beginning of the year, but I'm afraid I don't review enough. That's the difficult part - especially if you don't have someone that you can check yourself with each week. I guess I should have Cheryl start checking my memory. Of course she is happy if I "remember" to put my socks in with the dirty clothes each night.

Since this is the week of prayer for Tennessee State missions, I think I'll work on a "mission" verse. Part of what we do as Tennessee Baptists is to meet the physical needs of people in order that we can then later share with them the hope we have in Jesus Christ and then meet their spiritual needs. Bro. Larry used this verse last night in his - hmmm, he said it wasn't a sermon, but I think it really was - anyway, in his "talk" last night. It's a good verse for all of us to memorize.

James 2:14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works ? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. 18 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works ; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

You probably won't memorize 5 verses, but the verse in red will be easy to memorize. Reading it in context of the other verses will help you remember the point of it.

No comments: