Saturday, November 14, 2009

Music for November 15

As I was sitting here thinking about tomorrow's music I wondered how late Mrs. Irene checks the blog. She always likes to see ahead of time what we will be singing in worship. I think she practices the ones she doesn't know and looks up the ones that may be new. A good example for all of us.


Tomorrow morning we are singing B.B. McKinney's great song "Glorious Is Thy Name" with a chorus I wrote years ago called "Glorious Mighty God."


The choir is going to sing "Our God Saves" and the congregation will follow that with "Mighty to Save."


The last set of music will be songs about the blood of Jesus - "Nothing but the Blood," Are You Washed in the Blood" and "The Blood will Never Lose Its Power" followed by one of my favorite new choruses "Covers Me for Life."


Believe it or not, some denominations have taken references to the blood of Christ out of their hymnals. They think "bloody" hymns aren't appropriate for modern people. They have turned their back on the Gospel. Hebrews 9:22 says, "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." People don't like to hear about the blood because they don't want to admit they are sinners in need of a Savior.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Dear Bro. Lyndel,

Nancy Grant called me and told me to read your blog tonight. :) Thank you so very much for the kind words and thoughts! Yes, I look forward to our worship and praise with singing VERY much! I may not always practice the new ones--but I do if you put a clip on your blog.
Thanking God for you!
Irene