Monday, June 25, 2007

The King and I

Rogers and Hammerstein created many wonderful Broadway musicals. Since I was born and raised in Oklahoma, "Oklahoma" is my favorite. but another of my favorites is "The King and I". I remember whistling "Whenever I Feel Afraid" with my children during many a stormy Oklahoma afternoon.

Today, however, I'm singing "Getting to Know You".
"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me."

I'm getting to know many of you (I guess that should be "us" now) during VBS! What a great way to start at a new church - jump right in full speed ahead!

There is another King that I want you to know about. And I know you probably do know Him or you wouldn't be reading this blog right now. I want you to know that it is my heart for all of us through our worship ministry to honor and glorify and worship the King of kings, our Lord Jesus Christ. As we work together to prepare and lead our weekly times of worship, we will get to know each other better and we will know our King better. I'm looking forward to both.

I'll be looking for all the musicians in rehearsals this Saturday night. I'll be looking for a thousand worshippers Sunday morning.

Rejoice!
Bro. Lyndel

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Good way to keep up with choir information. Glad you're here in time for VBS. The kids are having such a good time and what excellent VBS music leaders there are! :) See you Sat. night at 6pm for practice.

Brenda J said...

I am enjoying getting to meet "Waldo" this week in VBS! I agree with Carmen, the music teachers are awesome! LOL!!!!
See you in choir on Saturday night! I am excited! My favorite hour of the week.
Brenda <><

Star said...

It's been great to have Bro. Lyndel to get started at Hilldale during VBS. We've had a "lot of smiles" during VBS and we've all ready been blessed by having Bro. Lyndel. As we close our fun-filled week, we've much to be thankful for---seeds planted and boys/girls who have accepted Christ!
I'm looking forward to our choir rehearsal Saturday.